The mission of EBAYOM is to provide a safe space for children and youth in the community to
congregate for activities that will assist them in their education, social, personal and spiritual
development. The educational and recreational opportunities that we provide are especially
valuable to new immigrant students who need the additional assistance to reach the same level as their
peers in the mainstream educational system. We hope that through these activities, our youth will
acquire the necessary critical thinking, practical and social skills to become leaders in their
|Does this program sound exciting to you? We are currently looking to hire a part-time Youth Director, but the position may be expanded to a full-time position for the right candidate. Please see a summary of the job opening below or click here to download the full job description.
Youth Director Job Description
The Chinese Presbyterian Church of Oakland (CPC) seeks a p/t Youth Director (which may lead to a f/t position) to reach out and minister to youth in the Oakland Chinatown community. This position will minister to youth from grades K-12, and college young adults through the development and implementation of youth programs that foster personal relationships with Christ using biblical principles. This position will encourage fellowship with peers, and service to the church and the greater community. This position will work Saturdays and Sundays with a flexible weekday schedule. This position will attend worship services regularly, and participate in CPC activities as requested.
- Minimum of two years of field experience required in children, youth, and/or family ministry
- Committed believer in and follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Word of God as written in the Bible
- Passionate about youth outreach with the ability to articulate, and share one’s personal faith to effectively reach the spiritual hearts of youth
- Willingness and ability to reach out to non-Christian youth in the community
- Motivated and self-disciplined, with strong administrative abilities, program and time management skills
- Successful experience with recruiting and training lay volunteers to assist with youth ministries
- Bilingual in Cantonese/English with abilities to relate and empathize with the immigrant community through bi-cultural and inter-cultural approaches a plus
- M. Div, BTh, MTh or equivalent education preferred
Click here to download the full job description. If interested, please email us a cover letter and resume.